Monday, July 24, 2006

Power and Molasses.


K.

The power has kicked a couple of times today in my little apartment, no real reason why as far as I can see. That isn't entirely true, the second time I am fairly certain was more of a neighborhood phenomenon as the ATM wasn't working a mile away. We just had some nice rain pass through the cities, giving some relief to the sweltering humidity we all have been suffering through all day. I was lucky enough to escape the rain on my way to one of the job interviews, so I wasn't soaked sitting in front of a trio of potential employers. This place (coffee bike delivery) is quite corporate and structured in terms of the hiring process, this was just the first of 3 interviews, that is if I progress to the next level. I am thinking I might not have the greatest chance with this one, just on account of my schooling taking up too much of my time. They are looking for someone who is available until the later hours of the evening, just in case a customer has an espresso emergency.

I left the interview felt a little anxious and caffeinated so I took the merckx out for a little sprint around the wet pavement. I was hoping my careless and reckless cycling and tight cornering would have slammed my ass down into the pavement, that just didn't happen. I took lake up over marshall to about cleveland and then over to summit. I didn't really have anywhere to go, I just felt like going uphill a bit. Right where summit summits, I turned right and followed some random streets south for a couple of blocks. Right about here, where I was planning on turning around anyway, the rain started falling again. Downhill most of the way to the river road I got myself plenty wet, even more so on the way to Franklin. I think I actually may have avoided the worst of it, right now it is windy and pouring, while I am nice and warm in my apartment drying off.

I borrowed T's Audi A6 like I do often on saturday to run some errands, pick up "groceries", mop buckets etc. One thing the bakers needed for the whole grain bread was molasses, somehow it didn't get ordered like it should have. Some bouillon cups, aforementioned mop bucket, clam juice and molasses stuffed in the back of the car I then went to Coastal to pick up the pescado. No problems here, I put the fish in the back and drive the 1/2-3/4 miles back to the cafe. Park, open the trunk and start cursing. Somehow one of the gallon jugs of molasses has breached, spilling 90% of it's contents in the back of the trunk. Think about it, a gallon of sticky, nasty, black goo all over. Luckily it was all on the removable piece that covers the spare tire, so I was able to take and spray that piece off. The rest of the molasses was collected in the spare tire basin, which took some time but wasn't horrible to clean.

F'k'n Mo-Lasis

Did the saturday night ride for the first time in over a year, it was fun I think I might be back soon. I didn't stay for the entire duration, but from the sounds of it I didn't miss much more than some drinking and Josh fixing a flat. I think that might not be a bad idea, convincing a bike mechanic to go on a ride everywhere I go, I wouldn't even have to bring my own tools. Like my own drunken support team.

One more interview tomorrow, and the dreaded Dentist. I am already formulating my excuse as to why I don't floss enough, this time I think I am going to blame gremlins.

Comments:
We may have the tools, but if you know how and can do it, the tools are all you get. Maybe some heckling if you're slow... Ray's kind of the exception. We would have been there all night if he did the change...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]