Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Alvin, Simon, Theodore?


I have been meaning to get around to posting this for a while, but until yesterday it had been slipping my mind. So a little over a week ago I was stopping over at the house to check on things, pack up some remaining glasswear, just basically doing my duty as a homeowner. Right after I pull into the driveway, hop out of the cab and start to walk up the sidewalk I notice something. There just quivering on the siderwalk is a little chipmunk, tiny little guy not doing anything but sitting there. It isn't that common to see a chipmunk in the city, usually they run so fast that I can only recall a handful of times where I have actually seen one around. The other peculiar thing about this particular stationary (but living) chipmunk, was the wet circle all around the poor little guy. Walking right next to him I could see that his was scared, although for some reason he lacked the energy or drive to run away from me. I spent a couple of hours packing things up, mostly decorative wine glasses which I had been leaving just to spruce the place up a little, encourage buyers that sort of crap. Leaving the house I see the animal still there, still scared, fresh urine stain. I left and didn't think much of it.

Fast forward to yesterday, as I was finishing up the remaining duties that the house is going to require of me, I was back at the house. It took me a while to notice it, at first it looked like a little pile of leaves. There, not 3 feet from where I saw the chipmunk last was a dried out skeleton covered with maggots, flies and fur. Poor little guy, must have gotten into some poison or something, that would explain how fast the body dried out. Imagine spending your final hour on a bleak section of sidewalk in south Minneapolis, baking in the hot sun and unable to move from your own defication. Crappy way to die if you ask me.

Comments:
I don't like that story. I was expecting something cute from that picture.

Now I'm all depressed. Poor Chipmunk...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]