Saturday, August 19, 2006

Bike Cleaning/Free Breakfast.

So I just spent the last hour or so cleaning up ye ole merckx. The gears were feeling a little gritty, probably something to do with being stuck out in the rain a couple of times. Now the bike sparkles nice and clean just waiting for the big bike ride tonight. I did use the hose to get the grit and dirt out from the cassette, I just didn't really have any other way aside from removing the wheel and dissasempling the whole damn thing. I wasn't using enough pressure to hurt the sealed cartridge bearings, and now after everything is nice and dry the whole drivetrain feels and sounds much better. It had just been too long since I had done it and I don't have much else to occupy my time right now.

Jer/Kim and I all met up for b-fast at the t-rock this morning. Being the poor broke jobless SOB that I am I didn't actually order anything, just ate off of the left overs from my siblings. Even after all of us had our fill, there was some food that hit the garbage. Pink Pigtails was kind enough to give me coffee on the house, so I didn't end up spending a cent, which is good because the only cash I had was of the plastic variety.

After breakfast I hit up three different bike shops looking for a cell phone holder for my new banjo brothers bike bag. If anyone knows where I would be able to locate on please fill me in.

Anyone else, see you on the CRC ride in about an hour and a half.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]