Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Bikin

Hey.

here is what I rode today

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=338219

At least so far. I still have to get up to Grumpy NE for Trivia and some more drinking. Though I don't know how well I will fare at either. I got enough miles in today that I don't really feel like I need to push it anymore. Honestly, after I get back from NE, I am guessing I will have put the most miles on in a day this year, which is really sad when I think about it.

I stopped at 4 bike shops today, count em, 4.

The first was Hiawatha, just because I finally bit the bullet and got myself a new messenger bag. Supporting local business I chose the Banjo Brothers bag, mostly because it sported the laptop sleeve. The bag is nice, far nicer than the timbuk2 I have been rocking for the last 3+ years since hereNT passed it onto me.

Along Minnehaha Ave I noticed a little bump each tire rotation, which isn't a good thing. Closer inspection revealed that I had a big bulge in my tire. I took a quick little detour north and hit up Nokomis for a cheap tire, which in my book is better than a expensive tire with a big bulge in it like I was rocking. All they had were cheap ass continentals, but that was better than nothing. Being a new tire it took me longer than normal to seat on the rim, but eventually I was on my way.

I met up with Jamin down at Caffettos, he had the day off and was down for some riding. Double shot of espresso and Izzy's clementine later we are on the trail heading towards hopkins. The ride was pretty uneventful, just enjoying the respite from the summer heat and racing the few people who caught up to us. There was one guy time trialing (his words) on some carbon trek that both Jamin and I took turns passing. He seemed like a nice guy and without a doubt was able to maintain a higher rate of speed for a longer time than us, but we raced the bitch anyway.

Insert Luce for some happy hour beer and slices here.

We hit 1x1 to adjust Jamin's brakes, they just told us the cantilevers needed a little lube. C. was working the espresso machine, so I got myself another double. Lubing up the brakes didn't yield much in terms of results, back on the bikes we went.

Hit up Freewheel for a little help from PW and J. They were both working, but J was teaching some sort of class. PW did a number on Jamin's brakes, about a bazillion (favorite word) times better. Turns out J's girlfriend has been trying to get ahold of me for some BBQ'n over here at my little casita. Soon I think I am going to have to have more people over. I still have a chunk of Kobe beef in my freezer just waiting to be devoured.

Coming home I see Summer, Laura, Liz, and Chris all just hanging out enjoying the weather. This neighborhood is getting really inbred, I swear I know half of the people on the block.

Well now I should hop in the shower and get myself cleaned up and ready to go out again. Damn I love summer.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]