Friday, August 11, 2006

Down at the library again.

Must say, I quite dig the public library. Not that I have not said this before, but the more I visit the more I enjoy the place. Granted the color scheme of the carpets leaves a little to be desired, but the general aesthetic is pleasing and homey. Right now I am sitting on the second floor typing on my laptop. Gazing out the corner over looking 3rd st and hennepin, the windows have to be 14' tall. The city of Minneapolis has been sinking some cashola into some fine projects over the last couple of years. Light rail, library, sears building remodel, lake street revamp, greenway, etc. Minneapolis is becoming a more enjoyable place to live, especially now that we are finally getting more decent restaurants.

I took the normal greenway/kenilworth trail out here, fast and easy if even just a few miles. I am toying with the idea of putting some more miles on tonight, depends all upon how I feel later. I have just 3 days left at the b-wood, and after that I am going to be sans dinero for a little while.

(insert Amy C just rode by, I don't remember that blue bike LHT? /insert)

I did work a little last night at the club on campus, easy very slow work. I think I would be interested if the caliber of the food was a bit higher. Funny how when I was running the kitchen at the country club in the suburbs I constantly was depressed that I couldn't do better food, and compared to what we were doing there, our food was awesome. Now wonder they didn't want me to quit when I did. Something about buying pre-scooped butter balls for banquets just turns me off, as well as having the tomatoes stored in the cooler. So although that would be the highest paying job, I just don't think I could take it, the chef too expressed his concerns that I would get bored.

I smashed my pinky quite nicely yesterday, tossing a heavy box of cups onto the top of a 7' metro shelving unit. Somehow my finger got caught underneath the box and on top of the corner. Not only did I get a big bruise, but a 1/2 dime sized chunk got ripped, leaving a bloody flapping mess. I never realized how much I used my left pinky while typing, but I am sure slower right now.

They have me line cooking my next to last day at the cafe, in the morning. I think it is a big plot to demasculate el jefe, but la duena claims that not to be so.

Hmm should I waste the 2 bucks it is going to cost to see the da vinci code tonight at the riverview? Hmmmm, probably not. Or I guess I could always go see the romantic drama with keanu and sandra, my heart strings could use a little tugging.

Lastly seems the days of the metrosexual are over, all of us ball scratching beer swilling perverts can rejoice, sissy boys everywhere beware.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]