Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Final.

For some reason the wifi in my apartment building isn't working right now, I cannot really check it considering that it is over in my neighbor's apartment. So given that I am sitting at the ch@tterbox back over in my old hood. It has been a while since the last time I was here, the beer isn't cheap enough, and the location just doesn't entice me enough to head this direction. The only thing (aside from hunger panes) that is attracting me here right now is the wifi. It never really changes here, the same servers (different hair color though) and the normal lunch crowd.

So I am still unemployed, though I am set to start a job sometime next week. Over at up$ being a package thrower, which I am beginning to realize might not be the easiest or funnest job I have ever had. Now that I am hired and slated to start, I am having a few reservations. The pay is low enough that I am barely going to be scraping by, actually I am going to have to dip into the cash from selling the house each month just to pay my bills. The tuition and insurance are the only things that make the job worth having, but I am starting to wonder if that is enough. Really right now I have enough cash to tide me over for a couple of months, being employed or not. So I might just start applying to some other places, hopefully something other than kitchen work will present itself. The sad thing is that I know I would be able to get the highest wage doing just that, cooking again.

The last couple of days have been spent doing nothing but reading, I have started and finished 3 books in the past 5 days. I don't know how much they really count though, all are books that I have read at least once before. I just wanted to get my mind into the habit of reading again, taking 17 credits for sure is going to require lots of reading on my part. I have rediscovered my love of Vonnegut, somehow I forgot how fun his books are to read.

This morning was spent mostly finishing up cleaning of the house. The final mowing and clearing out the basement of the empty paint cans and aerosol products that we had been collecting over the years. Right now there is hardly anything left, except some old window blinds and the paint cans full or half full corresponding to the colors still throughout the house. The closing is in just a couple of days, so I want to make sure that I have everything out of there before that happens. It is a little difficult to imagine not having the house anymore, 5 and a half years now it has been ours, crazy to think it gone.

So tip my hat and drink (even though it be just water) to the old casita, you will be missed
and we had some good times.

A little side note, anyone wanting to buy old Felipe a drink had better in the next week or so. Once school starts I am planning to be riding the sober train. I don't need to be wasting 5k a semester just to have my mind fuzzy.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]