Sunday, August 13, 2006

Houses, Spinach and Bikes.

OK I read somewhere that putting pictures throughout text really makes the reader far more interested in what is being written. I guess there is some validity to that, I like looking at photos as much as the next guy. That being said I am going to be putting a few little pictures here and there, starting right now.


That right there is from a couple of SNR's ago, a giant branch fell and I went to inspect things while everyone else headed to a party. This little branch decided it wanted to live between my chain and cassette, nice branch.

Ok first off the house. I was planning on going out for the race yesterday, not that I was going to do very well mind you, but just race for the fun of it. Right after I had put on my spandex salsa shorts and skin tight shirt complete with wicking action I get a call. The real estate agent was on the phone, seems we had an offer (finally) on the house. So instead of making a fool of myself husting just to keep up, I rode downtown and worked a little business. The offer wasn't great, but in this market anything is better than most get. We countered of course, but that didn't yield any results, the buyer knew that things are in his favor as I am sure I would do in the same situation. Funny how when we bought the house 6 years ago, there were at least 3 offers with the house being on the market for just 1 day. Fast forward to now, the house has been on the market almost 2 months and this is the first market. We had to bid 15k over the asking price, just to assure ourselves victory, this guy did near opposite. So the good part is that the house is going to be sold, just one month longer of paying rent and mortgage and then I am done.

That picture above is all of us drinking on the lowry bridge, right before Jammin and I headed to 112 for the best dang burger I have ever eaten.

Spinach, Green beans, Banana (organic even), Yellow Tomatoes, Shallots, and Purple bell peppers were all part of the bounty scored by yours truely down at the farmers market this morning. Huge amounts of everything, and at a total expenditure of 8 dollars, fuk'n crazy.

After we hit the T-Rock up for the mother trucker, enough to be shared by two and for both to leave extra full.



Yeah um, my bike going down the greenway a couple of days ago, who doesn't have one of these pictures somewhere on their blog. Sheesh.

As for bikes I don't remember what I was going to type about, so how about this, bikes are uber cool that should be good enough.


I swear half of the biking community have seen that sign, if not more probably more.



That right there is my new friend Tom fixing a flat. I wouldn't have known him if it wasn't for Bike Love . We hooked up after I was at the library, he posted something about wanting to go for an afternoon ride and I was just sitting at the library so out we went. There was a some flatting of tires, but that can be expected. His first patched tube failed right after install, luckily we were both running 700/23 so I just passed a tube his way. After riding we hit Luce for some 2 dollar PBR and then T-Rock for some burgers and more beers. Getting home I was so bloated and full of beer and grease that I just passed out at around 6pm, not really being of much value the rest of the night. It was fun though, thanks again Tom, we for sure will be riding again soon.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]