Friday, September 01, 2006

Closed and Finished.


Sitting around and waiting.

Right now I (we) are just sitting in the room where we just signed all the paper work to legally pass ownership to the lucky fellow who is going to be inhabiting my old house. Why are we still here you may be asking? We are just sitting waiting for the wire transfer to be complete so that we can hit up the bank and finally be done with the entire house ordeal. They money was already transfered once, but there was one number that wasn't correct, meaning it had to be remitted and sent once again. Hopefully for the sake of all of us, it won't be that much longer, with the big black leather chairs and bland off colored walls, I might just go insane soon. Added to the aggrevation is the fact that the people who are responcible for checking if the wire has gone through are all at lunch, the same that we just came back from. I guess I have waited for this long, no problem waiting a little longer. After all what is a couple of hours extra, it has been months upon months that this day has been coming.

Interesting thing about the new owner, he is young, like really young. He is just 25 years old, but somehow makes enough money to support a mortgage payment much higher than the one that my ex and I sometimes struggled to pay. He got the money for the down payment from an old job he worked at a couple of years ago. I guess he was working for some internet startup company, that sold for a couple of million. The old owners were nice enough to pass on a decent chunk of change to all the employees, so even though he was new he still got somewhere around 20k. Talk about nice owners.

I did warn him that I may drunkenly wander into his yard, sit myself on the porch with a bottle of whiskey in my hand and a half lit cigar. I told him it may be best to invest in a cattle prod, just to get me to leave. I drank a beer on the deck last night, got the few little things left and just sighed a little, knowing I no longer was going to have the liberty to do so. Sure I am getting a little sappy, fuck off.

I sent my resume to the U, they were hiring for some food service job, nothing spectacular but 100% free school. Not five minutes after I sent the resume, I got a phone call from the nice lady who handles all the hiring. I had a interview setup for nice and early this morning, which was interesting. Right when I get there they pass me a piece of paper with 4 little doodles on it. They task was to identify the pictures and describe what situations you would use said item. The pictures were of a knife, gloves, fire extinguisher, and goggles. Really who in the hell wouldn't know what to use that stuff for, silly. The lady was really nice and wanted to find something that they could utilize my skills and abilities. I liked her right away, the danskos and MT sweatshirt was enough to win me over. It really wasn't meant to be though, they need someone to work full time, far more hours than I would be able to commit to. That and the fact that they only had positions open during the morning hours.

But it looks like the check is here, I should probably get going and concentrate on what is going on around me.


just a little update, all went well and now the check is in the bank and the house is the responcibility of some other poor sucka.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]