Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Gunna ned tu lern ho ta red

Today was my second full fledged day as a student, and boy oh boy am I going to be a busy little boy this semester. I had 3 classes today, which aren't incredibly difficult on their own, but combined with the others my leisure time is going to be full. Altogether for my classes I am going to need to buy a total of 20 books, plus 3 thick photo copied packets. On average I have to look forward to reading somewhere in the area of 200-400 pages a week, maybe more. Plus all of the classes require quite a bit of writing, two of the classes are writing intensive. It is going to be a fun school year I can already see. I am thinking about dropping one of the classes, just to make sure I can do well at all of them, shake the rust off this semester.

I heard back from one of the places I applied to yesterday. Little cafe in NE, not far from the river. Their business has been picking up quite a bit lately, so although they were not looking for someone they might just take me on. What they have in mind for me doesn't seem all that bad, basically a butcher, clean fish, ducks, rabbits, etc. The cool thing about this gig would be that I would be done nice and early in the day, and I wouldn't have to deal with the dinner rush like the rest of the cooks do. Plus this restaurant has been one of my favorites in the cities for a number of years. Who knows though, things often fall through.

In other news, I am still on the wagon... Just two days and already I have lost 3# no kidding. Give me two months and I am certain I will be down another 20 or so.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]