Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Cheap stuff.

I took advantage of the bargain prices offered by the benevolent folks down at Boyton this afternoon, getting myself a nice shiny (fugly) helmet and surprisingly powerful light set. They have a good deal going on, just show your U id card and you get the whole set for just 20 dollars, quite nice. My current helmet is starting to show it's age, the shell is fine, but all the straps and adjusters are fraying a bit. I think I will just brave on through the next few months until it gets cold enough, using my current helmet until I switch over to my kick ass snowboarding helment. The snowboarding (or winter beast) helmet is great for the winter season, adjustable ventilation, goggle grooves, insulated structure, everything one could hope for to keep their ears from freezing. The only problem I have is that I need a really thin skull cap if the weather is cold enough to warrant it. To big or thick and the helmet feels like it is trying to squeeze my brains out of my eye sockets. This is going to be the 3rd of 4th winter using this particular helmet, so I should be able to manage.

The ex-sister-in-law is coming over tomorrow to pick up the rest of my ex's stuff, hopefully I have everything set aside. There is the possibility that something is lurking in a box somewhere, waiting to be discovered the next time I move. Should be interesting when she heads on over, turns out her parents (my ex-in-laws) are in town as well, she informed me that she would probably be bringing them along. Compound that with the good chance that I am going to have a big dog in my apartment, a black cat with attacking tendencies, and
perhaps both my current girlfriend and her sister. Crap I just realized my own sister might just be over as well to get her hair cut.

I better buy some beer, dog bones and gold finches. You know keep the masses happy.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]