Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Fried Brain.

I am done for tonight, totally done.

I don't think any more information will successfully be entering or leaving my head for the rest of the evening. First with school all day, then coming home and spending the majority of the night just reading and working on the big paper due next week. This one is going to be interesting, but I am having a little of a hard time finding sources that are pertinent to my subject matter.

I am writing about this guy and how he transitioned from being a gang member in the early 70's deep in the Bronx, to graffiti writer, to DJ (one of the first), to MC, to finally starting the Zulu Nation. Just looking at his website makes me think that he has somehow elevated himself to the role of religious leader, turning hip-hop into a religion. I think tomorrow after work might just be spent scouring the few books and reserve article on the subject. Hopefully I can find something that fits, or else I might have to change my thesis a little.

P.S. I guess my entire night wasn't spent just on school work. The ex-in-laws came over for a little while, which was totally fine and what I had expected. I always got along with them anyway, so whatever. The house was empty, not so much as a cat, just myself and my many plants.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]