Sunday, October 01, 2006

Star Trek.

So I have more important things I should be doing right now, I have two papers due on Tuesday one of which is about this episode of STNG. Seems a little silly to me having to write a paper about a star trek episode, but I guess that is undergrad for you. The premise of the episode is how the crew of the enterprise meet up with an alien race which they are unable to communicate with. The Tamarians speak only with cultural specific metaphors; the universal translator does no good in helping the process. So the last couple of days have been spent (at least while I was doing school work) trying to tie in readings (Reddy, Basso etc) with what went on in the episode, fun stuff.

Last night Jer and I hooked up and rode up north to L and P's house for some keg action, I bought myself a couple of R.Bulls before hand, still on the wagon. Although admittedly I did drink a couple of beers right after I found out my house had been broken into, I don't know if those count though. There weren't that many people at the party, my neighbor showed up, along with some people I knew from way back when. I don't know if more people eventually populated the party, Jer and I left a little early.

Jer went down to the Lucero show, while I tried my best to not to puke outside of the bar that esquire mag seems to think is one of the best in the country. Not sure I agree wholeheartedly with that finding, but it is sometimes a fun place to go. My friends had rented the back room for a birthday party, which required walking through the meat market to gain entrance. That is a scene I never really got into, people getting drunk just for the sake of hooking up with each other, I usually have better things to do.

Em and I got back to the apartment and parked the bikes just in time to notice another huge raccoon across the street. Raccoons aren't really anything new in Minneapolis, hang outside during the night and you are bound to see one every once in a while. Watching the coon for a second and we see another equally large beast lumber over to near the first, followed by another. So three of the biggest raccoons I have ever seen (saying something too) were all playing on the other side of the street, rolling around and wrestling. If it wasn't for their high probability of disease and chance of getting attacked, I would almost venture to say that they were cute. I still wouldn't come near them though, nasty creatures.



(Just another picture of some bikes for good measure.)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]