Sunday, December 03, 2006

I swear.

I had told myself I was to do nothing this weekend but stay indoors, and by that I meant no socializing, being a good little student. Finals week is quickly approaching, and while that isn't a bad thing, it just means I should really pay attention to the papers that are due, less about riding my bike and drinking in all corners of the city. Friday night I got done home from work to find an envelope from Hennepin county leaning against my front door, meaning someone in the building must have placed it there. Meaning what will probably be the most significant legal notification I have received in the past few years was delivered to the wrong apartment, GO USPS! Upon reading the letter (and subsequent internet chatting with la Ex) I found out that I was officially a single man as of Tuesday the 28th... That didn't take too long, just a year and a half from the time we separated..

On account of that I felt it to be a good idea to go and get myself good and tipsy, which was convenient considering that summerinside was having his 30th birthday party downtown grumpy's. I don't think I got myself too drunk, but I was for sure on my way, though I didn't feel too bad about it because I wrote 4 pages on the biggest paper due before I left the house.

On the way home I was cutting through a park right by where Minx lives, which required me to hop over a curb. Silly me I figured it would be no problem being as "out of it" as I was to just pick the front wheel up a bit and let the rest of the bike follow suit, that is how it usually works right? Instead I slammed directly into the curb, flipping over the frame and skidding on my elbows for a couple of feet. It didn't hurt, I had enough liquid anesthesia in my veins at that point to numb even the most severe of pains. What was annoying about the situation is that the moment I landed I heard laughter, someone was actually out in that dark park at just before 3 am, really don't they have lives?

The next day after work I had told myself I was to spend all day writing, again my attempts were thwarted. At 9ish, after spending a couple of hours writing and studying, I got a call from a friend of mine who I had not talked to for at least a couple of months. He had an extra ticket to the big doomtree blowout at 1st ave, really how could I pass that up? The show was awesome, as good or better than I would have expected. The guy I bought the painting from a couple of months back was working the merch table, where I bought a CD where the liner was made by another artist I know. Not too often I have purchased a CD where the liner art was numbered and signed...

The rest of the night consisted of hazy events down at the new bulldog, which I recommend all of you to visit. The entire @lma crew was down drinking like fishes; I don't even remember how many shots were passed in front of me without my requesting... Honestly I am a little surprised we didn't get kicked out, my guess is it had to do something with the chef sitting at the table with us...

Green Tea 1
Green Tea 2

And today I drank green tea...

Um, yeah.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]