Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Bikes

The little sis and I spent a good chunk of yesterday trying to get her new SS bike in full working order, a task that we didn't quite finish. I tried my best to allow Pinkzilla to do all the work herself, and she did a good job. Whipping off lock-rings and cogs like nobodies business! I mostly provided guidance and a little technical expertise (if you want to call it that) when things went awry. Right now all we have left to do is install the brake cables and housing, fill up the tires and make minor adjustments. The bike isn't exactly what I would call pretty, and is heavy as hell. Heavy as it may be, it will roll through the winter, and hopefully lessen the amount of damage the pink machine would receive from the wet salty conditions Minnesota roads offer. We were planning at first to build up a fixed gear bike, but I am always hesitant to do so using the ghetto BB lockring method, I think if you wanna ride fixed, buy a hub made for it, or else you are just asking for trouble.

I also taught K how to make bread, or at least how to make the dough. The bread wasn't awesome, but that is my fault for baking it before it was properly leavened. As sub-par as it may have been, there was still a hungry group of girls that devoured it at 1 am post crane folding party (don't ask, I don't know). Right now I am sitting on little chunks of 3 different batches of bread, all different, two good and one just OK. Part of me wants to make another batch of bread this morning, but really? What in the hell for?

On that note I am going to make some sour dough toast...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]