Monday, January 22, 2007

Raw Eggs.

Normally I wouldn't be the kind of person to post something this time of day, but I have a little over an hour and a half to kill before my night class. I realized that perhaps freshman comp wouldn't provide me with more than busy work, not the fine tuning of my academic writing which I was hoping for. Any class the begins with the instructor saying "Now I know many of you have written research papers in high school" just isn't for me. I should be able to test out of the requirement, study up on my grammar and that should be enough. Dropping that class left me just one credit shy of a full time load, meaning I needed something to fill the void. The only class that fit into my schedule (and that hadn't started yet) was an art history class focusing specifically on the films of Alfred Hitchcock. I know little about the guy except his name, so the class should teach me something. So now my Mondays consist of school/work/school, longer days than I would like, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do right?

Work was really quick and easy, I think I was there for just over two and a half hours. I bummed around a little bit after finishing up, killing time until family meal. Today's FM was a little different than normal, it was a soup, but not like any soup I have tried before, namely because there was a whole raw egg on top of a crostini IN the broth. I think the idea was that the boiling hot broth cook the egg a touch, which didn't quite happen, instead there were large noticeable slimy egg shards throughout the soup. I still ate the entire bowl, but it wasn't the most pleasant of dining experiences. At least the salad was totally kick ass, I wont say much except state that bacon was a key component.

Finally (before I go walk around or something) I found out today that one of the cooks at the restaurant shares the same birthday with me, although she is quite a few years younger. It got the wheels turning in my head that I should start planning for another joint party soon, last year it was with J.Pond, this year at least we wont have to worry about getting kicked out by the upstairs neighbor. I still need to convince her that we should just have a kegger at my place, especially considering that she still isn't going to be of age.

OK I am really going now.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]