Thursday, January 04, 2007

Useless.

Honestly, I have been feeling a little useless since we got back from Montana. Without school I find myself with far more free time than I am accustomed to, considering I am working the 20 or so hours a week I was before. I may even end up working less than 20, just due to a new menu change from duck to pheasant, the former taking 3 times the amount of time per bird. Ducks require saving every little scrap of far for rendering and more trimming of the breast and legs. Not to mention that duck tends to be more popular than pheasant, even though both are pretty dang awesome if you ask me.

The roads have been craptacular enough to where I have not wanted to really go for a ride anywhere, so I have been just going on walks around the awesome neighborhood I live in. In one day I managed to see both the sunrise and sunset along side the Mississippi, as well as make a trek down to the grocery store.

I must say I am getting a little antsy waiting for school to start, a sense of anticipation that is bound to wane when I am bogged down with piles of reading and papers to turn in. This next semester I am signed up for 17 credits, just to ensure my graduation in just 2 more semesters. I think it should be manageable, 14 was no problem whatsoever, aside from personal drama I didn't feel overwhelmed one bit.

To those who don't know, we are all going bowling tonight, by us all I mean anyone who is anyone. If you don't meet up with us you are generally considered to be a bad person, FYI. ;)

Msg me if I haven't already spoken to you in person.

Cheddar Scallion Jalapeno Cornbread

I also made some cornbread last night, I made two of these loaves, and right now I have just 1/2 of one left. I tried my best to encourage friends to come over and eat the black bean sweet potato chili I made in tandem with the bread, but the only takers were the people who live in my building that had to deal with the assault of aromas walking through the door. I still have more... Hint Hint Hint.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]