Tuesday, May 29, 2007

All 'bout le Zito.

Memorial weekend...

F'n awesomeness I must say.

Friday and Saturday weren't much, just riding around on le merckx como regular.
Ztox back brace
Sunday there was the huge ass benefit for Zito at the Nomad; which was crazy fun. To those that don't know Ztox was hit by a driver riding his bike home from work a couple of months ago, he ended up being just fine although he is still wearing the back brace some two months later. That (of course) really gets my goat, it may be understandable if you just don't see the cyclist and happen to ram em, especially in the middle of the night. What is deplorable is not even bothering to stop to see if he was alive, how freaking cowardice is that? Not to mention the two other people that ran over his bike but didn't stop to help.

The event was as mentioned before awesome. Not just regular awesome but hard-core awesome. One of those days where you pretty much know at least 1/2 and manage to win some free stuff in the raffle.
Ready to win
I managed to get myself a new little CO2 pump and a banjo brothers grocery getter bag.
You can have my bag on one condition...
There was a t-shirt tossed at me as well, but I didn't really win that rather I caught it. Hell I didn't even really catch it, I said hey throw it here and Mark just passed it to me.
Karl Braut
I helped cut the onions for the beer brauts, but before doing so I cut the bar their lemons and limes, which netted me 2 free beers. Really how can I complain?

The next day Jana, Jer and I rode out to Stillwater, which was hilly and fun. By the time we got back both Jana and I weren't really feeling all the burnt so we added another 20+ miles to the 53 we had already gone by riding out to Hopkins to have a beer with Reverborama (Bob) and Emily (his wife). I must admit after a 76 mile ride it felt awful good to take a shower and lay my head on my pillow. A new personal best but one that I hope to beat here either this weekend or next. Funny how I remember 30 miles being crazy long for a ride last summer, now I am doing twice that and not even thinking too much about it, how freaking awesome is that?

Here is the route we took.

Comments:
Gah! I knew it was going to be good! I totally should've skipped out on the family BS. ;)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]